Monday, February 25, 2013

Someone Else's Fairy Tale Review

Book Review Feb. 24

Someone Else's Fairy Tale

by: Emily Mah Tippetts

★★★ 3 Stars





Blurb: Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. She becomes the woman every other woman in America is dying to be, but it just isn't her fairytale.






 This book was just okay for me. It was good don't get me wrong, just not GREAT. I was intrigued and into it but not dying to finish it. Felt like a easy going fairy tale that every young girl dreams about at one time. The characters are easy to follow and for the most part likable. I won't say relate-able because not every meets a famous movie star or has such a crazy history as Chloe.

"That part of me I'd thought was broken past repair, wasn't so broken after all. I hadn't forgotten how to dream, I'd just stopped paying attention."-Chloe

The two really go well together. There's no heart stopping romance or gritty love scenes, it's very PG.
I was only upset by one part in the book and that was Chloe's friend Matthew who appears all sweet and adorable until his true self comes out and I wanted to punch him in the baby maker. I mean how many cowboy Texans wear purity rings at twenty-two and look as fine as him... Not many. But then his personality ruined it all. (Also the whole love triangle aspect including him, was sort of upsetting, almost as if it was in there just to fit the whole YA ideal nowadays.)

I must admit Chloe and I share the same wariness when it comes to the media. I cannot imagine having a A-List boyfriend with girls literally crying and fawning over who is beyond rich and is known basically everywhere he goes. Kinda annoying if you ask me. And poor Chloe, to have to put up with jealous and sometimes dangerous fans. (Though with all the shit she went through in her life I'm glad she found her happy ending.)Chloe was overall a honest character and easy to follow because she thought over her choices. She even told Jason how afraid she was to start anything with him because it was all too 'fairy tale' for her and out of her comfort zone. I would think most girls would think this way but at least she acknowledges it and helps show how little she cares of his fame and fortune.

Which brings me to the end, it sorta felt rushed. Maybe I would have enjoyed a epilogue or a scene ten years from now. All we get is a line about them having ups and downs, but who doesn't. It felt like this was more of the beginning of their story not necessarily the heart of it.

There were also a few minor grammar issue, such as question marks where there was no question and repeated words and statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...