Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Faithful Review

Book Review
August 21, 2013
Faithful (Wanted #3)
by: Kelly Elliott
3 Stars ★★★

Blurb ~ No matter how faithful love can be…it takes only one moment to change it all.

After Heather Lambert’s parents died in a tragic car accident her senior year of high school, she refuses to let anyone into her heart for fear of being hurt again. Focusing only on school to follow her dreams of becoming an elementary school teacher, the last thing Heather intends to do is fall in love with Josh Hayes.

Josh knows the moment he lays eyes on Heather that she is the one he’s been waiting for. During months of obstacles and denied feelings, he is rejected by her time and time again.
When he finally wins her love, Josh and Heather start planning their future together…until Heather receives one bit of news she never wanted to hear again.

There has been a car accident. Josh wakes up with no memory of Heather, and his ex-girlfriend, Victoria, is his nurse. Heather must decide if she’ll risk being hurt again and fight for the one man she loves with all her heart.

Will Josh remember Heather when she needs him the most? Or will Victoria take advantage of this opportunity, pushing Heather away from Josh for good?


Review 
*Potential Spoilers*

(If you have not read the previous books in the series it is not required but highly recommended as you may find yourself highly confused.)

It pains me to rate this book so low. PAINS!!! But I was just not impressed. After the cliffhanger ending of the last book I expected my guts to be torn out, run over by a truck and then shoved back in by some sleazy black market Doctor. Instead I got more of the same and only about 50% of the book even dealing with the tension left over from Saved.

All the characters are back and I loved that. Even the alternating POV’s, which I’m normally not a fan of when there are so many, did not bother me. However, after Saved I wanted something different. I swear these country girls have more drama than a celebrity sex tape scandal. And I can’t even begin to tell you how over the whole crazy ex-girlfriends I am. I get it. All the guys in these stories are man whores, or should I say were. But my God, does every ex have to come back multiple times to try and ruin everyone’s lives. I mean I love everyone but if I was these girls at this point I would have given up as no one needs this much tension in their lives.

Another complaint I have is all the babies. Normally a sucker for a story where the main character is preggers, this was just too much. I mean everyone is having a baby and then what do you know they are immediately pregnant again. Ugh, come on… 

Sure, I ate this book up in a few hours but after 50% mark the story was done.  At this point it became about everyone’s sex lives and the set up for the next book, which again, seems like it will be a repeat of all the drama we’ve already encountered a million times. 

It hurts to write this review. Up till now I was in love with this series. Hell, I practically had my brain on a countdown till this was released and I feel nothing but a giant let down. Even the cliffhanger end from the end of Saved was misconstrued as a dream so the many feelings I had about that were just left floating in midair. 

It was all just too much. Too many characters dealing with the same BS we’ve already seen, all the while having tons of sex (I’ll admit smoking at times) and popping out babies while dealing with meddling exes. Definitely disappointed. At this point I don’t even really care about Jessie’s story because I already know how it will play out.

 HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...